Fast short telephoto lens for L-Mount cameras..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
APS-C wide angle lens equivalent to 22mm on full-frame..
Canon’s updated fast 35mm prime, evaluated on Canon 5DS R..
Fast constant-aperture ultrawide zoom..
A whopping 4/3 stop faster than other lenses in its range..
Sigma’s best portrait lens..
Nikon’s classic high speed normal lens.
Nikon’s latest 50mm lens compared with the Zeiss ZF 50/1.4, Nikon 50/1.4D and Sigma 50/1.4..
Nikon’s High Performance Moderately-Priced 50mm..
Nikon’s High performance normal lens.
Nikon’s best-ever f/1.4 lens?.
Examples of Focus Stacking..
Moderate wide angle equivalent to 37mm f/2.3..
- Examples: Lundy Canyon Just Before the Winter Solstice (GFX 50S)
- Aperture Series with Focus Stack: Iced-Over Beaver Pond (GFX 50S)
- Aperture Series: Iced-Over Beaver Pond View to Mt Warren (GFX 50S)
- Aperture Series with Focus Stack: Frozen Beaver Ponds to Forest (GFX 50S)
- Aperture Series with Focus Stack: Low and Close Viewpoint, Beaver Dam Pond (GFX 50S)
Milvus garb for the venerable 15/2.8 Distagon, with improved lens coating..
Highest performing 35mm from Zeiss ever..
Outstanding build and optical quality in a normal lens..
Outstanding build and optical quality in a medium tele..
Brilliant imaging, even wide open, but with a few quirks. (Review in progress) .
A gem with unusual close-focus..
An artist’s drawing tool..
Fast high performance APO wide angle..
Rendering style, bokeh and 'transparency' without peer..
All-arounder compact lens with macro capability..
High speed normal lens optimized for Canon mirrorless..
- Examples at f/1.2: Late Dusk, Beaver on the Loose
- Aperture Series: Beaver Pond With Dead Tree Set Against Lower Mountainside
- Aperture Series: Huge Boulder in Beaver Pond
- Aperture Series: Beaver-Knawed Aspen Spotlighted for Destruction
- Aperture Series: Beaver Pond Beaver Trail Through Reeds
- Aperture Series: Colorful Boulder in Beaver Pond
Bread and butter all-around zoom..
Fast mid-range zoom expressly designed for Nikon Z cameras..
- Aperture Series @ 24mm: Dead Trees in Defunct Beaver Pond
- Aperture Series @ 24mm: Natural Bonsai Over Beaver Pond
- Aperture Series @ 24mm: Reedy Beaver Pond Meadow
- Aperture Series @ 24mm: Beaver-Gnawed Log by Lichenized Boulder
- Aperture Series @ 32mm: Natural Bonsai Over Beaver Pond
- Aperture Series @ 70mm: Natural Bonsai Over Beaver Pond
Mid-range zoom expressly designed for Nikon Z cameras..
High performance full frame 12-megapixel sensor..
High performance wide angle..
Top-grade medium telephoto..
Fast high performance manual focus wide angle..
Outstanding wide angle, superb performer..
Manual focus telephoto lens for full-frame mirrorless..
Autofocus wide angle for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
Autofocus portrait lens for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
Shooting + post processing tips with high-res examples..
75mm f/2.8 equivalent lens on APS-C sensor..
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2018-07-15 And I Thought Gophers and Squirrels Were Bad
Or iMac 5K or iMac Pro?
Consult with Lloyd ASAP before buying!
System configuration for CPU, GPU, memory, SSD, backup, RAID, optimizing performance, workflow.
For YOUR optimal workflow
Avoid costly mistakes in throwing money at the problem for less performance and/or buying the wrong machine for your own needs!
Remote screen sharing available for RAID, software configuration, etc.
More about 2019 Mac Pro vs iMac 5K vs iMac Pro...