Increasing Depth of Field by means other than stopping down..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
Pages at other diglloyd sites:
See also 1 pages at macperformanceguide.com
See also 5 pages at windinmyface.com
36 megapixels in a compact full-frame DSLR..
Basic tilt/shift lens concepts..
General considerations with tilt shift lenses..
Ultra wide angle tilt shift with tremendous versatility.
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.
Normal lens with tilt/shift.
Medium telephoto tilt/shift lens.
Medium-long telephoto tilt/shift lens.
- Overview of Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Macro
- Flare Examples
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Sprinter Van at Sunrise, Reflected Peaks
- Aperture Series with Swing: Ancient Log, Oblique View
- Aperture Series with Shift: Pine Above Valley, Early Blue Morning
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Rushing Downstream
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Saddlebag Lake Dam Spillway, Oblique View
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Sprinter Underbody Showing Oversize Fuel Tank
- Aperture Series with Extreme Tilt: Metal Railing and Shadows Atop Saddlebag Lake Dam
- Aperture Series, Zeroed Movements: Box Storage at Saddlebag Lake
- Aperture Series: Ancient Orange Tree Trunk
Ultra wide tilt/shift lens.
- Overview of Nikon 19mm f/4E ED PC-E
- Shifting for Stitching: Virtual Sensor of Up To 49mm X 36mm
- Usage and Gear Tips for Making Stitched Images
- Shifting for Stitching: Double the Camera Megapixels
- Shifting for Stitching: Double the Camera Megapixels (Alpine Creek)
- Examples: Corrected vs Uncorrected Lateral Chromatic Aberration
- Aperture Series at 12mm Shift, Long Axis: Focus Placement is Critical (Mosaic, Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series at 12mm Shift, Short Axis: Mosaic at Dusk (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series, 12mm shift: Maple Trees in Sunken Area (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Focus Shift on Frosty Picnic Table (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Oak Tree and Deck with Lens Tilt (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Frosty Wood Round: Tilt and Focus Shift (Nikon D810)
Medium telephoto tilt/shift macro focusing lens.
[Older material, but still relevant]. Shift lens performance of Nikon/Canon/Schneider/Olympus on various cameras..
- Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 on EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 on EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 on EOS 5D Mark II
- Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED
- Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED on Nikon D3x
- Schneider 28mm f/2.8 PC Super Angulon on D3x
- 28mm PC Super Angulon vs Nikon 28mm f/4
- Nikon 35mm f/2.8 PC-Nikkor
- 35mm Shift Lenses: Olympus 35mm f/2.8 Sinaron Digital
- Nikon PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED
- Nikon PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED on Nikon D3x (Pond View, Nikon D3x)
- 85/2.8D PC-Micro-Nikkor (Pond View, 5D Mark III)
[Archive] In-depth review on the Nikon D2x of the Nikon 28mm f/3.5 PC-Nikkor, Nikon 28mm f/4 PC-Nikkor and the Schneider 28mm f/2.8 PC-Super-Angulon. Flare, distortion, color fringing, color rendition, sharpness, ergonomics, aligmnent, sample variation..
Tilt/Shift by Schneider for Canon and Nikon and other brands..
Comparing the Canon 17-40mm f/4L and 16-35mm f/2.L II..
Medium format Zeiss glass in Hartblei precision tilt/shift lens barrels!.
- Build quality and ergonomics
- Aperture Series 80/2.8: DeChambeau Outbuilding (Nikon D800E)
- Resolution chart—40/4
- Resolution chart—80/2.8
- Resolution chart—120/4
- Stitching with the 40/4
- Field shot aperture series crops—40/4
- Field shot aperture series crops—80/2.8
- Field shot aperture series crops—120/4
- Resolution from Diffraction —120/4
- MTF for Hartblei 40mm f/4
- MTF for Hartblei 80mm f/2.8
- MTF for Hartblei 120mm f/4
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2016-12-15 Reader Comments: Stitching and Panoramas
2016-12-14 Usage and Gear Tips for Shift-Lens Stitching
2016-11-30 Nikon 19mm f/4E ED PC-E: First Impressions
2016-10-19 Nikon 19mm f/4E ED PC-E
2015-09-18 Hartblei 40mm, 80mm, 120mm SuperRotators
2014-11-22 Shift Lens Stitching
2014-06-08 Canon Tilt/Shift Lenses: Review?
2014-06-03 Tilt Shift Field Workshop June 12
2014-05-26 Tilt Shift Field Workshops
2014-05-18 Using Tilt (Swing) to Isolate a Subject
2009-09-12 Canon TS-E 17/4L and 24/3.5L II in infrared
2009-09-11 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L II reviewed and compared
2009-09-11 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L II distortion
2009-09-08 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L review updated
2009-09-07 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L reviewed
2009-09-06 First impressions of Canon’s TS-E lenses
2009-09-02 Canon TS-E 17/4L and 24/3.5L II
2009-05-08 Hartblei 40/80/120 tilt/shift lenses
2009-02-17 Follow-up on Nikon PC-E build quality
2009-02-17 Canon announces wide-angle tilt/shift lenses
2009-02-06 Nikon PC-E lenses on D200, D300
2009-02-05 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L on 5D Mark II
2009-02-04 Nikon PC-E severe build quality problem
2009-02-03 Canon TS-E 45mm, 90mm on EOS 5D Mark II
2009-02-02 Shift lens stitching
2009-01-30 Nikon PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED on Nikon D3x
2009-01-30 Nikon D3x and PC-E tilt/shift lenses
2008-10-08 Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED available at B&H
2008-10-03 Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED reviewed
2008-09-02 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D
2008-08-09 Shutterbug review of Nikon PC-E 45/2.8
2008-08-07 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED
2008-08-03 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED
2008-07-16 Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5 in stock at B&H
2008-01-20 28mm shift lenses
2006-11-04 Equipment for shift lens stitching *
2006-04-10 Looking for the best 28mm shift lens?