Increasing Depth of Field by means other than stopping down..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
36 megapixels in a compact full-frame DSLR..
Basic tilt/shift lens concepts..
General considerations with tilt shift lenses..
Ultra wide angle tilt shift with tremendous versatility.
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.
Normal lens with tilt/shift.
Medium telephoto tilt/shift lens.
Medium-long telephoto tilt/shift lens.
- Overview of Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Macro
- Flare Examples
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Sprinter Van at Sunrise, Reflected Peaks
- Aperture Series with Swing: Ancient Log, Oblique View
- Aperture Series with Shift: Pine Above Valley, Early Blue Morning
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Rushing Downstream
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Saddlebag Lake Dam Spillway, Oblique View
- Aperture Series with Tilt: Sprinter Underbody Showing Oversize Fuel Tank
- Aperture Series with Extreme Tilt: Metal Railing and Shadows Atop Saddlebag Lake Dam
- Aperture Series, Zeroed Movements: Box Storage at Saddlebag Lake
- Aperture Series: Ancient Orange Tree Trunk
Ultra wide tilt/shift lens.
- Overview of Nikon 19mm f/4E ED PC-E
- Shifting for Stitching: Virtual Sensor of Up To 49mm X 36mm
- Usage and Gear Tips for Making Stitched Images
- Shifting for Stitching: Double the Camera Megapixels
- Shifting for Stitching: Double the Camera Megapixels (Alpine Creek)
- Examples: Corrected vs Uncorrected Lateral Chromatic Aberration
- Aperture Series at 12mm Shift, Long Axis: Focus Placement is Critical (Mosaic, Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series at 12mm Shift, Short Axis: Mosaic at Dusk (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series, 12mm shift: Maple Trees in Sunken Area (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Focus Shift on Frosty Picnic Table (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Oak Tree and Deck with Lens Tilt (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Frosty Wood Round: Tilt and Focus Shift (Nikon D810)
Medium telephoto tilt/shift macro focusing lens.
[Older material, but still relevant]. Shift lens performance of Nikon/Canon/Schneider/Olympus on various cameras..
- Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 on EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 on EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 on EOS 5D Mark II
- Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED
- Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED on Nikon D3x
- Schneider 28mm f/2.8 PC Super Angulon on D3x
- 28mm PC Super Angulon vs Nikon 28mm f/4
- Nikon 35mm f/2.8 PC-Nikkor
- 35mm Shift Lenses: Olympus 35mm f/2.8 Sinaron Digital
- Nikon PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED
- Nikon PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED on Nikon D3x (Pond View, Nikon D3x)
- 85/2.8D PC-Micro-Nikkor (Pond View, 5D Mark III)
[Archive] In-depth review on the Nikon D2x of the Nikon 28mm f/3.5 PC-Nikkor, Nikon 28mm f/4 PC-Nikkor and the Schneider 28mm f/2.8 PC-Super-Angulon. Flare, distortion, color fringing, color rendition, sharpness, ergonomics, aligmnent, sample variation..
Tilt/Shift by Schneider for Canon and Nikon and other brands..
Comparing the Canon 17-40mm f/4L and 16-35mm f/2.L II..
Medium format Zeiss glass in Hartblei precision tilt/shift lens barrels!.
- Build quality and ergonomics
- Aperture Series 80/2.8: DeChambeau Outbuilding (Nikon D800E)
- Resolution chart—40/4
- Resolution chart—80/2.8
- Resolution chart—120/4
- Stitching with the 40/4
- Field shot aperture series crops—40/4
- Field shot aperture series crops—80/2.8
- Field shot aperture series crops—120/4
- Resolution from Diffraction —120/4
- MTF for Hartblei 40mm f/4
- MTF for Hartblei 80mm f/2.8
- MTF for Hartblei 120mm f/4
Perspective control for architecture or landscape as an alternative to Nikon and Canon brand name offerings..
[ARCHIVE] Software and related for photographers..
Questions and answers on photography and computers and more..
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2016-12-15 Reader Comments: Stitching and Panoramas
2016-12-14 Usage and Gear Tips for Shift-Lens Stitching
2016-11-30 Nikon 19mm f/4E ED PC-E: First Impressions
2016-10-19 Nikon 19mm f/4E ED PC-E
2015-09-18 Hartblei 40mm, 80mm, 120mm SuperRotators
2015-03-10 Panoramic Megapixels (stitching)
2014-11-22 Shift Lens Stitching
2014-06-08 Canon Tilt/Shift Lenses: Review?
2014-06-03 Tilt Shift Field Workshop June 12
2014-05-26 Tilt Shift Field Workshops
2014-05-18 Using Tilt (Swing) to Isolate a Subject
2009-10-14 Canon 17/4L in stock at B&H
2009-09-12 Canon TS-E 17/4L and 24/3.5L II in infrared
2009-09-11 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L II reviewed and compared
2009-09-11 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L II distortion
2009-09-08 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L review updated
2009-09-07 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L reviewed
2009-09-06 First impressions of Canon’s TS-E lenses
2009-09-02 Canon TS-E 17/4L and 24/3.5L II
2009-05-08 Hartblei 40/80/120 tilt/shift lenses
2009-02-17 Follow-up on Nikon PC-E build quality
2009-02-17 Canon announces wide-angle tilt/shift lenses
2009-02-06 Nikon PC-E lenses on D200, D300
2009-02-05 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L on 5D Mark II
2009-02-04 Nikon PC-E severe build quality problem
2009-02-03 Canon TS-E 45mm, 90mm on EOS 5D Mark II
2009-02-02 Shift lens stitching
2009-01-30 Nikon PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED on Nikon D3x
2009-01-30 Nikon D3x and PC-E tilt/shift lenses
2008-10-08 Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED available at B&H
2008-10-04 Nikon 35mm f/2.8 PC-Nikkor reviewed
2008-10-03 Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED reviewed
2008-09-03 Question of the Day: 18mm, 25mm, 28mm?
2008-09-02 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D
2008-08-09 Shutterbug review of Nikon PC-E 45/2.8
2008-08-07 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED
2008-08-03 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED
2008-07-16 Nikon PC-E 24mm f/3.5 in stock at B&H
2008-01-20 28mm shift lenses
2006-11-04 Equipment for shift lens stitching *
2006-04-10 Looking for the best 28mm shift lens?
High capacity, high-performance fault-tolerant storage for photography and video.
Non-RAID or RAID-0/1/4/5/10.
Capacities up to 84 Terabytes!