Vello BG-C2 battery grip for the Canon 5D Mark II
The Vello BG-C2 battery grip for the Canon 5D Mark II enhances the Canon 5D Mark II in several ways:
- Makes for a more stable shooting experience using a “mass coupling” technique: the 5D Mark II is much more easily x nestled into one’s shoulder, for a very stable image tied directly to only gross body movements. See How To Hold a Camera Steady in Making Sharp Images for details.
- Adds stability (more mass), which can help balance the camera with heavier lenses, and which can help when shooting at low shutter speeds.
- Doubles the battery life, very useful for time lapse or long exposures or similar power-hungry applications.
- Alternature shutter release and various other buttons.
As weighed on my gram-accurate scale:
318g + 77g X 2 with LP-E6 batteries = 472g
The Vello BG-C2 is a battery grip designed for use specifically with the Canon 5D Mark II digital SLR camera. It accepts up to 2 LP-E6 batteries to effectively double the camera's battery life.
Note! Batteries sold separately.
- Works with the Canon 5D Mark II digital SLR camera.
- Up to 2 LP-E6 batteries to effectively double the camera's battery life.
- Included AA battery holder allows alternative of 6 AA batteries instead of Canon LP-E6 batteries.
- An alternate shutter release button, AF start button, AF point selection, AE lock/FE lock button, multi function button, and main dial are provided to facilitate shooting in a vertical orientation.
$15 SAVE $35 = 70.0% Luminesque 52mm Circular Polarizer and UV Slim PRO Filter Kit in Lenses: Filters