NEW! Available for pre-order.
45 megapixels, 8K30 and 4K120 10-bit video, IBIS, 5.7 megadot EVF, 20 fps.
Mercury Elite Pro Dock 16TB
Apple iPad Air 3 WiFi+LTE Current Model
192GB memory $1048 Mac Pro save 65% vs Apple!
NEC EA244UHD Overview
Related: 4K and 5K displays, computer display, display connectivity, DisplayPort, Eastern Sierra, Lundy Canyon area, MTF and Micro Contrast, USB, video
Get the NEC EA244UHD at B&H Photo.
The NEC EA244UHD offers 3840 X 2160 UltraHD 4K resolution in a 24-inch form factor using an IPS GB-R LED-backlit panel (like the Multisync PA series).
That’s 8.3 megapixels, or more than what most digital cameras offered not so long ago. Actual viewable screen area as measured is about 57 cm X 28 cm.
Like the Dell UP2414Q, the NEC EA244UHD UltraHD 4K display is a sumptuous visual treat for UltraHD 4K video and true high-res images*, far and away the most enjoyable viewing experiencse your author has experienced as of mid 2014.
8.3 million pixels is a jaw-dropping and intensely enjoyable experience for detailed images. The only downside as with all 4K displays is an aspect ratio of 1.78:1 (more like 1.8 or 1.9:1 with menu bar and window), which doesn’t allow conventional 3:2 or 4:3 images to fit their full height and full width at the same time.
* For over a year now, the diglloyd publications have provided UltraHD examples and UltraHD aperture series. These images viewed in 4K UltraHD on the NEC EA244UHD are enthralling for their never-before-seen detail available at a glance without scrolling. It is a whole new visual experience bettering even the 2880 X 1600 experience of the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
As per NEC.
The EA244UHD is a high performance IPS display with the latest 4K UHD (3840x2160) super resolution and accurate wide colour gamut capability. Offering the very latest DisplayPort connectivity (UHD at 60Hz), as well as a range of DVI and HDMI inputs, this monitor can be used in many mission critical applications, where decision making is based on highly detailed, accurate and reliable image quality. Outstanding ergonomic comfort makes it very user-friendly and further enhances professional productivity.
- Rich detail and complete image overview - 4K UHD resolution 3840x2160.
- Uncompromising image quality and more realistic colour reproduction - 10-bit IPS AdobeRGB Wide Gamut Colour.
- Multi-source management - Advanced Picture-by-Picture to show simultaneously up to 4 different images from a variety of video inputs.
- Ergonomic Office - full height adjustability (130 mm) and tilt functionality ensure perfect individual ergonomic set-up.
- Minimize power consumption - Human Sensor detects the presence of a person in front of the screen; display switches on/off automatically depending on the presence of the user.
- Comprehensive network-wide asset management and easier remote support - NaViSet Compatible.
- Expanded connectivity - 6 signal inputs (DVI-D, DP, HDMI, USB) and MHL connection for latest smartphone office productivity.
- 1 x HDMI ; 1 x HDMI /MHL ; 2 x DisplayPort; 2 x DVI-D; USB ver. 3.0 (1 down / 3 up)
- Straightforward radiological review applications - DICOM Simulation.
- Special Characteristics - Ambient light sensor for optimized brightness levels; Carbon Footprint Meter ; Carbon Savings Meter ; ControlSync® ; Cost Meter; DICOM Simulation ; DisplayPort; ErgoDesign® : Height adjustable stand (130 mm), swivel (170°), and portrait (90°); Human Sensor ; LED Backlight Technology; NaViSet Administrator 2 ; Picture-by-Picture; Rapid Response Technology ; USB ver. 3.0 (3 down / 1 up); Versatile installation (VESA standard), with integrated speakers (1+1 W); Windows 8 compatible; LED backlight technology MultiSync® EA244UHD
- 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz, supports 3840 x 2160; 2560 x 1600; 2560 x 1440; 1920 x 2160; 1920 x 1080; 1280 x 2160; 1280 x 960; 1152 x 870; 1152 x 864; 1024 x 768; 832 x 624; 800 x 600; 720 x 400; 640 x 480
- Panel Technology IPS TFT with GB-R LED backlight
Screen Size [inch/cm] 23.8 / 60.5
Screen Aspect Ratio 16:9
Pixel Pitch [mm] 0.14
Brightness (typ.) [cd/m²] 350
Contrast Ratio (typ.) 1000:1
Viewing Angle [°] 178 horizontal / 178 vertical (typ. at contrast ratio 10:1)
Response Time (typ.) [ms] 5
Colours [Billion] 1.073 (10-bit per colour)
Colour Gamut Size / Coverage 107% / 99% Adobe RGB
Up to 65% better pricing than Apple
Lloyd recommends 32GB RDIMM modules for most users (more expensive LRDIMMS are for 512GB or more).
NEW! Available for pre-order.
3 XA Elements, 2 Super ED elements, nano AR II and fluorine coatings, four focusing motors, dust and moisture sealed.